With Memorial Day in the rear-view mirror (ideally of a convertible, no less), Summer 2022 is heading into its prime. For lucky Phila. collar county residents with a place on a barrier island, the Friday afternoon jaunt is becoming habit. For those heading down tomorrow, this weekend’s Atlantic City Seafood & Music Festival makes an excellent run up to the July 4 celebrations to come.
The event is three days of primo seafood, musical talent, and family-friendly entertainment.
The festival runs June 24–26, 2022 at Bader Field, rain or shine. Presented by Steel Pier, the Atlantic City Seafood & Music Festival will tempt attendees with fresh seafood cooked onsite by the region’s best restaurants and vendors, sold at individual booths.
This is a food and beverage outing, meaning diners can pick through an all-American seafood boil while sipping a beer, frozen alcoholic beverage, or something from a full-service liquor bar.
For those who don’t imbibe, soft drinks and sodas are on hand, and kids can sip tame smoothies whirred just for them.
Knowing that food needs music the way a sunburned nose needs moisturizer, Bader Field will also fill with bands that excel in genres that include rock, country, and soul.
To stretch the legs somewhat, attendees can exit their lawn chairs (brought from home, just as reminder to pack) and stroll vendor displays of crafts, jewelry, art, and home décor.
If little ones are in tow, the event has a kids’ zone with costumed characters, face painters, and hot-air balloon rides.
Ticket prices are as follows:
- General Admission
- Jun. 24 (4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.): free
- Jun. 25 (11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.): $11
- Jun 26 (11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.): $11
- VIP Access (includes general admission, open bar, seafood buffet, and premium stage view)
- Jun. 25 (11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.): $80
- Jun 26 (11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.): $80
- Children under 12: free
The schedule of bands is:
- Jun. 24
- Teddi Fusco, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- The Cranked Up Country Band, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Jun. 25
- Killer B’s, 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Jimmy & The Parrots (Buffet Tribute Band), 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Best of The Eagles (Eagles Tribute Band), 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Jun. 26
- Glenn Roberts (Country Music), 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- E-Street Shuffle (Springsteen Tribute Band), 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Sensational Soul Cruisers (Classic Soul, Motown, Disco), 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Tickets are online.