I Need A Job! Is My LinkedIn Good Enough?
Is your LinkedIn profile good enough to get a job? That depends. Did you only fill out database fields or engage in professional development to learn?
You don’t know what you don’t know. So, how would you know tips, tricks, and strategies to use if you did not attend a workshop, seminar, social audio room, or read numerous articles, watch videos, or a combination of all of the above?
Have you performed a SWOT Analysis?
Are you working on making your personal brand stand out?
Are you building relationships on LinkedIn, and do you have a minimum of 500 connections?
Are you commenting on posts of people that work at your target companies?
Are you publishing content on LinkedIn regularly?
Have you organized yourself and your LinkedIn connections for your job search?
Do you have a “to present” job on LinkedIn?
Have you integrated some other software into your job search and LinkedIn?
Aside from the eight essential questions above, there are close to a couple of hundred questions in the articles above. You have work to do!
You can’t expect to land a job just because you have a LinkedIn profile. Networking is essential to your job search, and preparation is critical. You must be proactive in your search, as nothing happens sitting on the couch.
So, where can you learn about LinkedIn? Join me and others at upcoming workshops, explore other online learning opportunities from this list, or search on Meetup, Eventbrite, Clubhouse, library websites, adult schools, and more.
There are many opportunities available, and you will learn different tips from different presenters. You will have to sort through which ones make sense to your situation, as one size does not fit all.
Did you read the previous article on New LinkedIn Feature for Career Breaks?
If you need a resume or LinkedIn profile to get you to your next step, book a call to chat!
- Subscribe to my newsletter on LinkedIn for bright ideas to manage your career.
- Join as a member at https://greatcareers.org/membership of the #1 business networking association on the Philadelphia Business Journal’s Book of Lists two years in a row! Please note that we changed our website URL recently.
- Register on the events page for these upcoming online events noted below.
- 3/11 Fri – Interviewing Techniques
- 3/11 Fri – Leveraging Training, Mentoring, & Coaching to Boost Your Search Results (on Clubhouse)
- 3/12 Sat – Refining Old Job Search Tools for New Environments
- 3/14 Mon – Get Hired FASTER with Networking & LinkedIn
- 3/15 Tues – The Joy of Negative Self Talk
- 3/15 Tues – Business Executives Networking Group
- 3/16 Wed – PowerThinking: Rejuvenating Your Amazing Mind Weekly Resilience Building Call-In
- 3/16 Wed – Strategies for LinkedIn Success
- 3/17 Thurs – LGBTQ+ OUTstanding Career Group
- 3/17 Thurs – Networking YOUR Way to Success
- 3/18 Fri – Interviewing Techniques
- 3/18 Fri – The Secret to Working in Quantum (on Clubhouse)
- 3/19 Sat – LinkedIn Part 1 of 3
- 3/21 Mon – Strategic Research-based Approaches to LinkedIn
Connect With Your Community
Subscribe to stay informed!
"*" indicates required fields