By Lynne Williams
As a business leader, you may have heard you need to sharpen the saw, including educating yourself. RSVP for a John Maxwell event on Oct 9th.
The Live2Lead half-day leadership development experience is live on Oct 9th 9 am – 2 pm or available virtually for 3 days after, when convenient for you. Join in on presentations from John Maxwell, Steve Harvey, Alan Mullaly, Kat Cole, and Craig Groeschel.
To learn from these world-class leaders, register on this link for only $79.
Of course, the event will be promoted on LinkedIn in a couple of different ways:
Speaking of company pages, last week, I shared How to Establish and Leverage Your LinkedIn Company Page Step-by-Step.
Now that you have this professional-looking company page on LinkedIn, the next step is to leverage your social proximity on LinkedIn to reach your targeted buyers.
To get more details on leveraging social proximity, I interviewed Brynne Tillman, the CEO of Social Sales Link, an author, a LinkedIn Sales Trainer, and a LinkedIn Sales Navigator Trainer.
Question: How can you filter and search your connections’ connections to reach your target audience?
Answer: Typically, there are three ways to leverage your network – referrals, introductions, and name-drops.
- Referrals – These come from your clients who know, like, and trust you.
- Introductions – These come from a networking partner in your sphere of influence which has not been a client, but knows your reputation.
- Name Drops – Make sure you have permission to name drop for this method of a warm introduction.
Question: How would you search on LinkedIn?
Answer: Here are the step-buy-step instructions I use.
- Pull up someone’s profile
- Click on the search bar at the top left and choose people from the drop-down
- Click on connections and choose 2nd
- Click on locations and choose the location you want
- Click on all filters
- Type in your search stringg., “sales manager” OR “sales director”
- Click show results
Question: What’s the next step?
Answer: Start a conversation!
- Set up a Zoom call by email or through a LinkedIn message to let them you you would like to have a quick call to run some names by them
- When on the call, ask if they can provide insights on the list you generated from your search
- Based on this conversation, you can ask for a referral, introduction, or permission to name drop
You should be able to fill your calendar with targeted buyers by following these steps to leverage your social proximity with warm introductions. Need some LinkedIn group coaching for prospecting and business development? Click here to read more.
Need to learn more about building your LinkedIn profile? Register with the Chester County Library for Saturday, October 17, 2020, for LinkedIn Part 2 of 3. In this workshop, you will learn how to make the visuals and how your efforts on LinkedIn can connect on other social media platforms.
Upcoming September & October Online Zoom Events
Register as noted on the events tab on the website and join our meetup (see step one of this Google doc). To attend the speaker meetings for free for a year, become a Bronze or BENG member. Your membership or sponsorship supports our nonprofit to help job seekers in career transition and self-employed and employed with career management. That’s one of the ways we monetize, as I described above. If YOU don’t need help with job search right now, there are other job seekers that do, so be a sponsor and help pay it forward!
- 10/5 Career Success Group Meeting
- 10/5 PowerThinking – Rejuvenating Your Amazing Mind Presentation
- 10/5 Business Executives Networking Group
- 10/6 Fear of the Future: Disconnect & Opportunity
- 10/6 Emotional Impact of Job Search & Job Loss
- 10/7 PowerThinking – Rejuvenating Your Amazing Mind Resilience Building Call
- 10/7 Making Tough Career Transitions
- 10/8 From Addiction to Recovery Panel Discussion
- 10/9 Live2Lead John Maxwell Conference )live but available for 3 days on demand)
- 10/12 Career Success Group Meeting
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lynne Williams, Ed.D. Candidate (she/her/hers) is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a nonprofit with over 6300 members and alumni. Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams. Read our SCORE Success Story as a 2020 Small Business Achievement Award Winner!