By Lynne Williams
It’s free and easy to set up a LinkedIn company page for your small business, as a solopreneur, or self-employed individual to leverage LinkedIn.
Not only will the link below these instructions provide you with step-by-step visuals, but if you keep tabs on the Donnay Consulting Group LinkedIn company page and profile, you will also see how this solopreneur will utilize LinkedIn to advertise her upcoming anti-bias training workshops, which you can also sign up for this fall.
When Dr. Donnay participated in my Princeton Adult School LinkedIn workshops in March (which went from in-person to online with COVID), she started with only 37 connections and has grown her profile to over 500.
Here are the step by step instructions.
- Create a banner image 1128 x 191 px (com was used).
- Create a Logo image 300 x 300 px (com was used).
- Click on the down arrow on the 9 square Work icon at the top right of the LinkedIn. profile, then click Create Company Page +.
- Choose the type of business you are. Small Business was used for the example.
- Fill out the Page Identity details.
- Fill out the Company details.
- Fill out the Profile details.
- Click the Verify button, and then the blue “Create page” button will pop up, which you will click.
- A new window will pop up.
- Click on the pen in the top right to upload the cover image.
- Click on the blue Add button to add a Description and click Save at the end. Include 20 skills (though LinkedIn allowed more than 20 to be typed in).
- Click on the blue Add button to add a Location.
- Click on the blue Post button to create your first post.
- Under Community, click on hashtags to follow and create your own hashtag for branding #donnayconsultinggroup and choose two others after reviewing the number of followers. These can be changed whenever you want. #antibias #diversityequityinclusion
- If you are going to have a LinkedIn group, you can add a featured group.
- You have the ability to manage languages if appropriate.
- Go to your personal profile under Experience and click on the pen to edit and start. typing your company name and choose the selection from the drop-down menu with the logo you just created on your new company page.
- Now you are ready to create your first post on your company page. Make sure you include your new branded hashtag, as well as others that pertain to the topic of the post. The first three hashtags will become part of the URL.
- LinkedIn will create a custom URL for any URLs over 26 characters. When you post from your company page, you will click on the three dots at the top right hand corner of the post and choose “copy link to post.” You can then add your commentary to the link with the URL on your home page.
>>>>> Here are the step by step instructions with visuals to set up a company page.
Need to learn more about LinkedIn? Register with the Chester County Library for Saturday, October 17, 2020, for LinkedIn Part 2 of 3. In this workshop, you will learn how to make the visuals and how your efforts on LinkedIn can connect on other social media platforms.
Missed the previous LinkedIn article on Sharing a Small Business Success Story on LinkedIn? Click here. Want to read the additional article I wrote on LinkedIn? Click here and visit our company page also.
Upcoming September & October Online Zoom Events
Register as noted on the events tab on the website and join our meetup (see step one of this Google doc). To attend the speaker meetings for free for a year, become a Bronze or BENG member. Your membership or sponsorship supports our nonprofit to help job seekers in career transition and self-employed and employed with career management. That’s one of the ways we monetize, as I described above. If YOU don’t need help with job search right now, there are other job seekers that do, so be a sponsor and help pay it forward!
- 9/28 Your Career: The Role of a Positive Mindset in Challenging Times
- 9/28 Becoming a Subject Matter Expert: How to Position Yourself as an Industry Leader to Potential Employers
- 9/29 Your 2020 Career – becoming a VictOR Rather Than a VictIM
- 9/30 PowerThinking Resiliency Building Call
- 10/1 Career Success Group Meeting
- 10/1 Job Search Tips at Business Executives Networking Group Meeting
- 10/5 Career Success Group Meeting
- 10/5 PowerThinking – Rejuvenating Your Amazing Mind
- 10/5 Business Executives Networking Group
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lynne Williams, Ed.D. Candidate (she/her/hers) is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a nonprofit with over 6300 members and alumni. Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams. Read our SCORE Success Story as a 2020 Small Business Achievement Award Winner!