Chester County Careers – Chester County Food Bank
Based in Exton, the Chester County Food Bank was formed in 2009 to address the escalating hunger problem in the county. Its primary goal was, and still is, to have a viable, sustainable organization that secures, manages, and distributes food to those in need.
Today, the Food Bank is the central hunger relief organization serving more than 120 partner agencies in Chester County. Its staff is comprised of passionate people dedicated to the mission.
The objective of this position is to provide assistance in all areas of the warehouse and distribution.
- Pack orders based off packing lists as well as what is instructed by Director of Warehousing & Logistics
- Follows procedures pertaining to proper handling of work ticket/inventory documentation
- Responsible for weekly and monthly cycle counts
- Maintain the backend of the Warehouse and, if needed, the freezer and cooler in a neat and orderly condition, including frequent trash removal, ensuring access to products
- Assist route drivers by helping with deliveries if necessary
- Operate warehouse equipment in a safe manner
- Responsible for controlling inventory storage and movement throughout back end of warehouse
- Complies with all health regulations and other laws that govern food handling
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High school graduate
- Must retain valid driver’s license
- Experience in warehousing and able to demonstrate ability to operate all warehouse equipment preferred
- Must be able to work in subzero freezer
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently, take initiative, participate as an effective team member and follow tasks through to completion
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Connect With Your Community
Subscribe to stay informed!
"*" indicates required fields