Here is an overview about Clubhouse, a phone app that is taking social media by storm. There are also 17 questions answered about Clubhouse to get started.
On Clubhouse, a user can drop into a virtual club to listen or join in on a conversation about a topic of their choice. The conversations are live, and users can also tweet during the conversation using #hashtags to join in on the conversation.
It is a great way to engage with like-minded people that share your interests, hobbies, or as a recruiter for job opportunities, and a whole lot more.
Because there are many rooms available on any given topic, you can drop into one room at a time that best fits your niche and join in on the conversation.
It’s a great way to learn and meet new people! Also, it can be used for entertainment or even education purposes too.
Many rooms are hosted by folks who have outside knowledge on specific topics that they will use to educate whoever is interested or participating. It’s interactive and fun with lots of personalities from different walks of life. Below are some basic questions and answers to learn more.
What is Clubhouse?
A social network audio app for your iPhone or Android
When was Clubhouse created?
How can you participate on Clubhouse?
You can run a club, be a moderator, be a speaker, or just listen in.
Where do the people come from on Clubhouse?
Does Clubhouse have a website?
Does Clubhouse have other social media?
Does Clubhouse have rules?
They have Guidelines
Does Clubhouse have a User Guide?
Review the New User Guide to learn about how to search, calendar, start a room, get notifications, PTR, “clap,” and more!
Once I am on, where can I learn more?
- Wednesdays 9 PM ET are new user orientations
- Sundays 12 PM ET are Clubhouse Town Halls
- Knowledge Center and Blogs on the website
- In any club or any room in a multitude of languages
Do you use your real name when you create a profile?
Yes, unless you are a publicly known artist and have a Creator Alias.
What’s a handle?
A username, like @LynneWilliams
What’s a green bean?
That is the green eight-spoke asterisk ✳️ denoting a moderator for the room.
How can people search on Clubhouse?
There is a magnifying glass at the top left, and you can search for people and clubs using names, keywords, or even emojis!
Are there tips for setting up a profile?
Is there monetization on Clubhouse?
In April 2021, Clubhouse rolled out a monetization feature for creators, which is optional. People can receive tips when they “drop gems” (of knowledge) if they have set themselves up with a Stripe account.
Why should you join Clubhouse?
If you provide products online or can offer your services remotely, you might get new clients. If you are an artist that shares your craft auditorily, like music or beatboxing or poetry, you have a chance to showcase your skills. If you want to learn, debate, ask questions, engage in storytelling, or have spur-of-the-moment conversations, then dive in to build your business, authority, connections, or knowledge.
What club am I part of?
Although I am a member of several clubs, which you can see at the bottom of my profile, I run my Job Seeker Power Hour Club on the Thought Leadership Branding Club (website built by Bucks County web developer Pig Art Graphics). Please feel free to use Lynne Williams as the referral if you want to run your own club in the #TLBClub.
Hope to “hear” you on Clubhouse in my room on Fridays at 11 AM ET! At the bottom of my Clubhouse BIO, you will find the next room I will be speaking in or click the bell next to my name, so you are notified when I am speaking.
Missed the previous article on 25 Hashtag Tips for Your Job Search or Business? Read it here.
Hope to see you on Zoom or Clubhouse! Register on the links on the events page on the #GreatCareersPHL website.
- 7/30 Fri – Interview Techniques
- 7/30 Fri – How to Develop Successful Job Search Strategies
- 7/30 Fri – Job Seeker Power Hour – Resume Tips (on Clubhouse)
- 8/2 Mon – Career Success Group
- 8/2 Mon – Your Guide to Successful Branding Lunch %& Learn
- 8/2 Mon – Virtual Job Seeker Support Group
- 8/3 Tues – Rapid Fire Q&A Resumes & LinkedIn
- 8/3 Tues – How to Develop Successful Job Search Strategies
- 8/4 Wed – PowerThinking: Rejuvenating Your Amazing Mind Resilience Building Call
- 8/5 Thurs – Career Success Group
- 8/6 Fri – Interviewing Techniques
- 8/6 Fri – Live LinkedIn Profile Reviews (on Clubhouse)
- 8/6 Fri – Business Executives Networking Group
- 8/9 Mon – Career Success Group
- 8/9 Mon – Job Search in the Post-COVID Environment