If you are a freelancer, participate in the gig economy, or have a side hustle, how do you get found on Linkedin? Optimize your profile with keywords!
Many folks may want to give themselves a title like “Owner,” “President,” or “CEO” of ABC Company, but is that the best thing to do?
If someone does not yet know you or know your company, would they enter your company name in a Google search? Of course not! They would enter the keywords of what they are seeking.
What if you were seeking a Brand Messaging Strategist? On Google, I searched and got 1.7M results.
When I entered that title on LinkedIn, I got 68,000 results for people. When I clicked on 1st and 2nd level connections, I got 8.8K people, and when I clicked on 1st level, I got 108 people.
When I did a Boolean search (read this and that) on LinkedIn using quotation marks around “Brand Messaging Strategist” for 1st level connections, I got one person in my network – Loren Weisman. You might want to follow him on social media.
Why am I singling out this guy? He spoke at our group yesterday and shared so many great ideas that the lightbulbs are exploding in my head, and I have to share a link with you.
Check out the Interview Information Lead Sheet. Could you develop one of these for your business? Could you put this on your website? Could you create a LinkedIn document, Google slide presentation, PowerPoint, Word document, or Google doc with this info and put it on your LinkedIn profile as a media attachment? Yes, you could showcase your features and benefits.
Need to learn more about LinkedIn? On Saturday, December 5, 2020, from 10 AM to 1 PM, Part 1 of 3 of the three-part series begins. The link to register is below.
Missed last week’s article on How to Support Nonprofits on LinkedIn? Click here.
>>> Speaking of nonprofits, support us on #GivingTuesday during the entire month of December with just $1 and receive a Career Management Checklist at http://givebutter.com/gcgt2020 or Text GCGT2020 to 202-858-1233
Also, in less than 1-1/2 minutes, learn how you can support a nonprofit when you shop on Amazon.
Upcoming Online Zoom Events
Register for the events on our website.
- 12/4 Interviewing Techniques with The Interview Doctor
- 12/5 LinkedIn Part 1 of 3
- 12/7 Career Success Group Meeting
- 12/7 Business Executives Networking Group (BENG)
- 12/8 Understanding Your Behaviors to Obtain the Right Position for You
- 12/8 Business Executives Networking Group (BENG)
- 12/9 PowerThinking Resilience Building Call-In
- 12/9 Membership Offering Focus Group – Make Your Voice Count!
- 12/9 Improve Your Writing; Shorten Your Job Search (BENG)
- 12/9 How to Connect Your Decisions to Your Visions
- 12/10 Career Success Group Meeting
- 12/10 “Front Row Seat” at Meet the Author
- 12/11 Interviewing Techniques with The Interview Doctor
- 12/12 Membership Offering Focus Group – Make Your Voice Count!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lynne Williams, Ed.D. Candidate (she/her/hers) is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a nonprofit with over 6300 members and alumni. Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at email@example.com, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams. Read our SCORE Success Story as a 2020 Small Business Achievement Award Winner!