By Lynne Williams
With over 722+ million people on LinkedIn as part of the world’s largest business networking platform, many people are still not on it. How do you start your profile?
Click here for some screenshots and step-by-step instructions of a recent profile set up (with private information blacked out). Ken – if you want to embed code see the highlighted section at the end and replace the paragraph
Even though it is very intuitive and you read and follow the prompts provided, many people are still intimidated by the platform because they don’t know what they don’t know.
There are a few solutions for that so you can get LinkedIn and not be left out.
- Ask Google, “How do I set up a LinkedIn profile?”
- Search on YouTube
- Search on meetup and Eventbrite1
- Join me at the monthly LinkedIn workshops on Zoom (limited to 100) on a Saturday from 10 AM to 1 PM. Believe it or not, the three hour workshops are free to you as a library patron, sponsored by the Friends of the Chester County Library. LinkedIn Part 3 is on Nov 28th, Part 1 on Dec 5th, Part 2 on Jan 16th, and then every third Sat after that in 2021. Click here to register.
Missed last week’s article How Do You Enable the Open for Business Feature on LinkedIn? Click here!
Stay tuned for next week’s article on Blogging In and Out of LinkedIn to Tell Your Business or Personal Story and save the date of Friday, Nov 20th 9-11 AM to hear Brandyn Campbell’s presentation on Blogging To Tell Your Story.
Upcoming November Online Zoom Events
Register per the instructions on the website. Join our meetup (see step one of this Google doc). To attend the speaker meetings for free for a year, become a Bronze or BENG member. Your membership or sponsorship supports our nonprofit to help job seekers in career transition and self-employed and employed with career management. Consider sponsoring a job seeker in need and help pay it forward!
- 11/13 How to Use Social Media to Job Search
- 11/16 Career Success Group
- 11/16 Virtual Job Seeker Support Meeting
- 11/16 Business Executives Networking Group (BENG) Meeting
- 11/17 Your Networking Toolbox
- 11/17 Lehigh Valley Business Executives Networking Group
- 11/18 PowerThinking Resiliency Building Call
- 11/18 Job Market Outlook, Hiring and Onboarding
- 11/18 Business Executives Networking Group (BENG) Meeting
- 11/19 Q & A on Careers In Nonprofits
- 11/19 Optimizing Your Resume
- 11/19 Business Executives Networking Group (BENG) Meeting
- 11/19 Beating the Applicant Tracking System
- 11/20 Blogging to Tell Your Story
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lynne Williams, Ed.D. Candidate (she/her/hers) is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a nonprofit with over 6300 members and alumni. Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams. Read our SCORE Success Story as a 2020 Small Business Achievement Award Winner!