When compared to the rest of the U.S., Pennsylvania is one of the most restrictive states regarding efforts to contain the coronavirus, according to a study from WalletHub.
Pennsylvania was 49th as of July 20 in a ranking of the 50 states and the District of Columbia with the fewest COVID-19 restrictions.
South Dakota checked in at No. 1 with the least number of restrictions.
WalletHub compared the states in 18 key metrics, including face mask requirements in public, travel restrictions, large gathering restrictions, and school reopenings.
In specific categories, Pennsylvania ranked:
- 48th in reopening of restaurants and bars
- 34th in large gathering restrictions
- 31st in reopening child care programs
- 28th in workplace temperature screenings
- 23rd in reopening of non-essential businesses
- 23rd in requiring face masks in public
- 15th in travel restrictions
- 15th in working from home requirements/recommendations
Read more from WalletHub here.
You Might Also Like