By Michael Gidlewski
Last week, we went through a number of reflection questions for you to prime the pump for planning for your ideal future. Today, let’s talk about some of the benefits of having a specific plan.
If you don’t have a vision for the future, then your future is threatened to be a repeat of the past.
Planning helps you visualize your future by cutting through what author Charles Hummel calls The Tyranny of the Urgent. Hummel noted how important it is to take some quiet meditation or a few minutes of prayer to refocus. In this unhurried time for yourself, list in order of priority the tasks to be done, taking into account commitments already completed.
A competent general always draws up his battle plan before he engages the enemy; he does not postpone basic decisions until the firing starts. But he is also prepared to change his plans if an emergency demands it. So, try to implement the plans you have made before the day’s battle against the clock begins, and take time to focus for a weekly inventory and monthly planning.
Goals establish the direction for your attention and awareness. Focus on what you want and not on what you don’t want to have. Goals help you to concentrate on success.
Some of the benefits of your personal strategic plan are:
- Create your future, rather than repeat your history.
- Have the best, most productive year of your life.
- Enjoy more time, money, and freedom.
- Create more balance in all areas of the wheel of well-being.
- Focus your life on “what really matters most.”
- Provide direction, meaning, and purpose for your life.
- Significantly increase your level of performance.
- Eliminate fear, doubt, worry, and procrastination.
- Achieve greater results in less time.
- Enhance the quality of your life and peace of mind.
- Improve decision-making ability.
- Make the rest of your life the best of your life.
Join us for a game-changing workshop entitled “Blueprint for Success, Growth, and Prosperity” on Wednesday, Dec. 4 from 8 AM-12:30 PM at Penn State Great Valley. Take a half-day to ensure that you have an exceptional year next year, as this powerful workshop will illuminate your desire to succeed, both personally and professionally.
Click here to register.
Michael Gidlewski is President of West Chester-based Achievement Unlimited, Inc., as well as a growth catalyst and motivational speaker. He works with motivated business owners and entrepreneurs to clearly define the elements of what they dearly want their businesses and lives to look like, then helps them connect all the moving parts that make up those visions to consistent action and habits. Michael can be reached at 610-793-6609 or via e-mail at email@example.com.