The Brandywine Health Foundation recently distributed 36 grants totaling $322,340, bringing its total giving since it began awarding grants and scholarships in 2002 to more than $18 million.
“Our new strategic plan and approach includes engagement of our donors, partners, and community members throughout the year,” said Vanessa Briggs, the Foundation’s President and CEO. “We are pleased to have provided general operating funds to 36 local nonprofits to support the continuation of services during the transition from our previous plan to our new 2020-2022 strategic plan.
“Ensuring the continuity of services is critically important to the community. We know all too often when a new strategic plan is implemented, that there are times, when much-need safety net programs and services abruptly end, thus leaving a void or confusion in the community. By providing transitional general operating funds to support our local nonprofits, it is our hope we eliminated the disruption of much-needed services and programs.”
With the launch of its new strategic plan, the Foundation also appointed Hannah J. Hill as its new grantmaking committee chair. Hill serves on the Board of Directors for the Brandywine Health Foundation.
The following organizations received grants from the Brandywine Health Foundation:
- Brandywine YMCA
- The Bridge Academy and Community Center
- Chester County Food Bank
- ChesPenn Health Services
- Chester County Economic Development Foundation/Chester County Public Safety Training Campus
- Chester County Futures
- Chester County Health Department Nurse-Family Partnership
- The Chester County Hospital, Penn Medicine
- Chester County Opportunities Industrialization Center (OIC)
- Child Guidance Resource Centers
- Coatesville Area Public Library
- Coatesville Area Senior Center
- Coatesville Center for Community Health
- Coatesville 2nd Century Alliance
- Coatesville Youth Initiative
- Community Volunteers in Medicine
- The Crime Victims’ Center of Chester County
- Domestic Violence Center of Chester County
- Family Service of Chester County
- Good Works, Inc.
- Home of the Sparrow
- Hope Beyond Borders/Coatesville Kids to College
- Human Services, Inc.
- Keystone Valley Fire Department
- Maternal and Child Health Consortium
- The Parkesburg POINT
- PA Coalition for Oral Health
- Pennsylvania Health Access Network (PHAN)
- Planned Parenthood Southeastern Pennsylvania’s Coatesville Health Center
- Public Citizens for Children and Youth (PCCY)
- Scott Field Project
- Support Center for Child Advocates
- Valley Youth House
- Volunteer English Program in Chester County
- Washington Hose Company No. 1
- Youth Mentoring Partnership
Brandywine Health Foundation’s mission is to advance a more equitable, resilient, and healthy Greater Coatesville community. Click here to learn more.