On Saturday, April 27, the YMCA of Greater Brandywine will be among hundreds of YMCAs across the country celebrating Healthy Kids Day 2019. The Y’s annual nationwide initiative is designed to inspire kids and their families to keep their minds and bodies active throughout the summer and beyond.
Seven branches of the YMCA of Greater Brandywine will be hosting free community events throughout Chester County featuring moon bounces, games, arts and crafts, demonstrations, information tables, and much more.
“The Y believes in the potential of all children, and we strive to help kids to become the best they can be,” said Denise Day, President and CEO of the YMCA of Greater Brandywine. “A child’s development is never on vacation and Healthy Kids Day is a great opportunity to educate families and motivate kids to stay active in spirit, mind, and body throughout the summer.”
Kick start a healthy, active summer together as a family with these Healthy Kids Day events:
- Brandywine YMCA: Caln Park, 200 Municipal Drive in Thorndale, from 11 AM-1 PM. Check out local vendors and enjoy a D.J., face-painting, bounce house, kids Zumba, and more.
- Jennersville YMCA: The Technical College High School, 280 Pennock Bridge Road in West Grove, from 10 AM-1 PM. Check out local vendors and enjoy face-painting, a bounce house, kids yoga, and more.
- Kennett Area YMCA: Cypress and Broad intersection in Kennett Square, from 11 AM-2 PM. A bike rodeo, skate adventure, inflatables, face-painting, Zumba for Kids, demonstrations, and minute-to-win-it games, as well as food, prizes, and local vendors.
- Lionville Community YMCA: Kerr Park in Downingtown, from 11 AM-1 PM. Check out many community vendors and have fun with an obstacle course and many more hands-on activities.
- Oscar Lasko YMCA and Childcare Center: Marshall Square Park in West Chester, from 11 AM-2 PM. A day of music, crafts, activities, mini obstacle courses, live performances, CrossFit for kids, Zumba, face-painting, and food trucks, as well as a resource information area for parents.
- Upper Main Line YMCA: UMLY, 1416 Berwyn-Paoli Road in Berwyn, 10:30 AM-1 PM. Games, inflatable slides and obstacle courses, vendor tables, and much more.
- West Chester Area YMCA: East Goshen Township Park in West Chester, from 11 AM-2 PM. Check out area vendors and music, Zumba, yoga, face-painting, food trucks, and more.
Click here for more information.