Peddler’s Village Announces 2023 Festivals and Events at Their Popular Lahaska Shopping Center
Peddler’s Village, a countryside shopping, dining, lodging, and family entertainment destination in the heart of historic Bucks County that is widely recognized for its popular festivals and events, will be presenting a wide range of year-round events in 2023.
Created in 1962 and now named as the region’s number-one tourist destination*, Peddler’s Village is a thriving attraction that welcomes more than two million visitors from around the globe each year.
In keeping with decades-old traditions, Peddler’s Village will host in 2023 a number of annual festivals and events that include the Apple Festival, Grand Illumination, Scarecrows in the Village and the Gingerbread Competition and Display. It will also revive month-long Village themes that feature weekend entertainment and daily restaurant specials: Strawberry Month in May, Bluegrass and Blueberries Month in July, and Peach Month in August.
Additionally, this year will re-introduce a major summer long event that made its debut in 2022: a Village-wide display of sand sculptures that this year will be called Stories in Sand. The popular PEEPS in the Village display will return in March, and traditional tastes—in both food and beverage form—will take center stage during the Red, White & Blue BBQ Bash on July 4 and OctoberFeast in the fall. In the summer, we are introducing a new annual photo contest and display. Murder mystery dinners return this year, starting with a series kickoff in February of “Houdini’s Whodunit” presented by the Riddlesbrood Theater Company.
Admission to all weekend festivals and displays is free and open to the public. Murder mystery and comedy events require tickets that can be purchased via PeddlersVillage.com.
Festivals and events in 2023 will include:
- January Sales Event (through Jan. 31) – Savings throughout the Village on apparel, accessories, home goods, furniture, art, specialty foods, books, gifts and collectibles, and more.
- Share the Love Weekend (Feb. 10-14) – A Valentine’s Day weekend featuring shop specials, culinary highlights, and a #PVSharetheLove giveaway.
- Winter Wedding Show (Feb. 19) – Engaged couples in search of the perfect wedding venue can sample hors d’oeuvres and wedding cake, tour event spaces and bridal suites, and get to know local vendors, from florists to DJs and musicians.
- Comedy in the Village (Fridays, Feb. 24 and March 24) – Leading comedians in the region take the stage during this ticketed event.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Theater: “Houdini’s Whodunit” (Jan. 28, Feb. 11, Feb. 25, March 10, March 25) – Mind-bending twists and outrageous humor will keep you entertained during this new murder mystery dinner presented by the Riddlesbrood Touring Theater Company.
- PEEPS® in the Village (March 13-April 23) – View colorful PEEPS®—a Pennsylvania-produced specialty– displayed in not-so-natural but very creative habitats, including dioramas, sculptures, and 2-D wall art. Prizes awarded for best entries.
- Celebrate the Green (March 17-19) – In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, guests can enjoy special menus at Village restaurants, promotions, live entertainment, and a kid-friendly leprechaun hunt.
- Comedy in the Village (Fridays, March 24, April 21, and May 19) – Leading comedians in the region take the stage during this ticketed event.
- Spring FunFest (Saturday, April 22 and Sunday, April 23) – Two fun-filled days for the whole family starting with a morning Family Fun Walk (ticketed; proceeds benefit charity), followed by free story times, crafts, and live entertainment.
- Cupcake Decorating Competition (May 3-20) – Compete in a contest for cash prizes and/or view the creative entries. The winning cupcakes will be on public display in the Visitor and Event Center from May 3 through May 20.
- Strawberry Month Kickoff Weekend (Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7) – Taste a wide variety of strawberry treats, savor strawberry-inspired specials, and enjoy live entertainment and family activities as Peddler’s Village kicks off Strawberry Month.
- Food Truck Thursdays (May 25 and June 15)
- Stories in Sand (June 1 through Aug. 31) – Enjoy summer beach vibes as you view larger-than-life sand sculptures featuring favorite story characters. A special Stories in Sand Kickoff Weekend on June 3 and 4 will include live entertainment and sand sculpting workshops. Stories in Sand is partially funded by the Bucks County Tourism Grant Program.
- Photography Competition and Exhibit (June 12 through July 30) – Budding photographers and seasoned pros can showcase their photographic talent, have their photos exhibited and win an array of prizes. The inaugural photo theme in 2023 is pets.
- Comedy in the Village (Fridays, June 23, July 21, and Aug. 25) – Leading comedians in the region take the stage during this ticketed event.
- Outdoor Movie Night (Saturdays, June 24; July 29; and Aug. 26) – Enjoy an under-the-stars screening of a popular movie. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs.
- Red, White, & Blue BBQ Bash ( July 4) – A classic all-American barbecue picnic with live entertainment, delicious food, and family activities.
- Bluegrass and Blueberries Month Kickoff Weekend (Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, July 9) – Taste a wide variety of blueberry treats, savor blueberry-inspired specials, and enjoy live entertainment and family activities as Peddler’s Village kicks off Bluegrass and Blueberries Month.
- Food Truck Thursday (July 13 and Aug. 17)
- Peach Month Kickoff Weekend (Aug. 5 and Aug. 6) – Taste a wide variety of peach treats, savor peach-inspired specials, and enjoy live entertainment and family activities as Peddler’s Village kicks off Peach Month.
- Autumn Wedding Show (Sept. 10) – Engaged couples in search of the perfect wedding venue can sample hors d’oeuvres and wedding cake, tour event spaces and bridal suites, and get to know local vendors, from florists to DJs and musicians.
- Scarecrows in the Village (Sept. 11- Oct. 31) – Stroll the Village to see a hundred creative, colorful, and spooky scarecrows created by Philadelphia-area residents and organizations. Guests are encouraged to vote for their favorites, with cash prizes offered to winners. Scarecrow-making workshops on select weekends, including during the Scarecrows in the Village Kickoff Weekend on Sept. 16 and 17 that will include live entertainment and other family activities.
- Food Truck Thursday (September 14)
- Outdoor Movie Night (Saturdays, Sept. 30 and Oct. 21) – Enjoy an under-the-stars screening of a popular movie. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs.
- OctoberFeast (Oct. 14 and Oct. 15) – A Village spin on the traditional German festival with a beer and food garden, wine and spirits, live music, and family activities.
- Comedy in the Village (Sept. 22 and Oct. 20) – Leading comedians in the region take the stage during this ticketed event.
- Apple Festival (Nov. 4 and Nov. 5) – Get your fill of apple treats and take home a bushel fresh from local orchards at our annual Apple Festival. Enjoy live entertainment, food specials, and family activities all weekend long.
- Grand Illumination Celebration (Nov. 17) – The Village lights up at 6:15 p.m. sharp! Watch as Santa and his helpers flip the switch to illuminate a million holiday lights during an evening of holiday celebration, local entertainment, and more.
- Merchants Open House (Nov. 17-19) Preview our merchants’ holiday gift-giving ideas.
- Gingerbread House Competition and Display (Nov. 17 – Jan. 14, 2024) More than one hundred gingerbread masterpieces, including contest winners, are on public display in the festively adorned Visitor and Event Center.
- Small Business Saturday (Nov. 25) –Find the perfect holiday gift at one of over 60 locally owned shops and businesses at Peddler’s Village.
- Holly Jolly Weekend (Dec. 2 and Dec. 3) – Celebrate the holiday season at Peddler’s Village with all-day festivities and Santa Parades beginning both days at 1:30 p.m.
Learn more about these and other events at Peddler’s Village.
Connect With Your Community
Subscribe to stay informed!
"*" indicates required fields