Seven branches of the YMCA of Greater Brandywine are hosting Fall Open House Celebrations on Saturday, Sept. 18 from 9 AM–12 PM. All are welcome.
While each branch’s open house features its own unique offerings, some of the happenings include tours of fitness centers, pools, childcare and early learning centers, personal training demos, pickleball games and demos, crafts for kids, wellness tips, swimming assessments, snacks, open swim in the indoor pools, and the chance to meet YMCA staff and learn about YMCA career opportunities.
At the YMCA, COVID safety protocols, including masks, are being followed to create the safest environment possible.
The Fall Open House Celebrations are a culmination of YGBW Welcoming Week events that are being held at each branch. Welcoming Week celebrates the unique contributions immigrants have made to our communities and educates people on the importance of inclusive environments.
Specific open houses include:
- Brandywine YMCA: Tour the expansive facility, including The CAN, a unique outdoor exercise space, fitness center, and childcare and early learning center. Enjoy pickleball demonstrations, swim assessments, and group exercise classes, including BODYPUMP, as well as snacks.
- Jennersville YMCA: Tour the facility, fitness center, and childcare and early learning center. Enjoy pickleball demonstrations, group exercise classes, and kid-friendly activities, including crafts and a moon bounce.
- Kennett Area YMCA: Enjoy lunch at a wood-fired pizza food truck! Then take in personal training, pickleball, pottery, and wellness circuit demos. Kids can do crafts and try out peddle cars while adults take part in a group exercise class. Take a swim in the pools and/or let the trained staff help you determine your swimming abilities.
- Lionville Community YMCA: Tour the facility, fitness center, and childcare and early learning center. Learn more about the variety of programs, including youth sports. Take a dip in the indoor pool and/or let the trained staff help you determine your swimming abilities. Enjoy pickleball, pottery demos, group exercise classes, and snacks!
- Oscar Lasko YMCA & Childcare Center: Enjoy kids crafts, pickleball games, and gymnastics demonstrations, as well as tour the facility, fitness center, and childcare and early learning center. Join demos of East Chestnut Fitness, a boutique offering that combines CrossFit-like elements with small group training.
- Upper Main Line YMCA: Visit 54 acres of fun! With tours of and demonstrations in the barnyard (think goats, sheep, chickens, and more), nature center, and Artisan Village, plus soccer, archery tag, and open swim, there is so much to do! Enjoy tours of the facilities, including the fitness center and childcare and early learning center. Take in a group exercise class, join in a pickleball game, enjoy free snacks, and much more.
- West Chester Area YMCA: Enjoy tours of the facility, including the childcare and early learning center, and join in introductory group exercise classes, including BODYPUMP, BODYCOMBAT, Zumba, yoga, and cycling. Kids can enjoy crafts, games, and jump in a moon bounce! Pickleball and personal training demos will be offered, and TRX equipment will be set up. Take a swim in the pools and/or let the trained staff help you determine your swimming abilities.