Delaware County Community College educates more than 28,000 students every year at its five main locations in both Delaware and Chester counties. And there are a number of ways that local businesses can build a relationship with the college:
- Customized Training: The Office of Business Training is a flexible, business-focused department available to assist your company in maintaining a competitive edge.
- Special Programs: Special programs for your business are available like LEAN Training, Training for the Hospitality Industry, EEO Training, Mobile Wellness Academy and more.
- Credit for Prior Learning: Your employees may be able to benefit from Credit for Prior Learning, which offers individuals the opportunity to receive college credit for work or life experiences that equate to college-level knowledge.
- Advisory Boards: Program advisory committees comprised of employers and other industry experts meet several times a year to assist academic administrators and faculty in maintaining high-quality programs.
- Charitable Contributions: Contributions to programs or facilities that support the college’s educational enterprise are always welcome.
- Apprenticeship: The college offers opportunities for apprenticeship programs tailored for companies and organizations like yours.
- Training Dollars Available: The Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania was created to make companies across the Commonwealth more competitive by updating and improving the skills of their employees to meet specific company needs through training.
- Find Your Next Employee: The Student Employment Services and Co-Op Center prepares students and graduates for the workforce.
- Speakers Bureau: The Speakers Bureau is a free public service to assist organizations and groups by providing informative, useful and thought-provoking presentations in Delaware and Chester counties.
- Teach at the College: The college recognizes that part-time adjunct instructors uniquely prepare students for the workforce or further education by providing varied teaching styles supplemented with industry experience.
Click here to learn more about the ways in which businesses can build a relationship with Delaware County Community College.