By Leslie Rylke
National Volunteer Week in the US kicks off on Sunday, April 23 and runs through Saturday, April 29. Established by President Richard Nixon by an executive order in 1974, the week was designated as a way to recognize and celebrate the efforts of volunteers.
At a recent gathering of the various Industry Partnerships (IPs) associated with the Chester County Economic Development Council (CCEDC), the organization’s volunteer awards were presented.
Those honored for their service included:
- AgConnect – Karen Smith-Burden, Business and Industry Specialist for the Bucks County Workforce Development Board
- Health Care Connect – Cathy Emig, Administrator for Kendal-Crosslands Communities
- HireOne – Sean Ellsworth, External Recruiting Manager for The Vanguard Group
- Innovative Technology Action Group – Lisa VanEss, Director and Coaching Leader for NIIT Technologies, LTD
- Manufacturing Alliance of Chester and Delaware Counties – Kourtney Caspersen, Business Analyst for Omega Design Corporation
- Smart Energy Initiative – Bill Ronayne, President of Brandywine Valley Heating and Air Conditioning
On behalf of the board and staff of CCEDC, we thank not only these honorees but also the numerous other individuals who volunteer their time and talent to ensure the success of CCEDC and its programs and, in turn, contribute to the economic health of Chester County.