Here’s whats happening at the Western Chester County Chamber of Commerce (WCCCC) according to the organization’s by-monthly newsletter published last week:
- Recognition of the chamber’s 100th anniversary. WCCCC began as the Coatesville Chamber of Commerce in 1916, changing its name to Coatesville Area Chamber in 1960 and then to Western Chester County Chamber of Commerce in 1976.
- Jonathan Wright, owner and president of Downingtown-based Wright Agency, a full service insurance agency, began his term as WCCCC’s president, replacing outgoing 2014 president Adrienne MacKenzie.
- Two new area businesses joined and twenty-two existing members renewed their chamber membership.
- Chip (pictured above far right standing next to his wife Maureen) and Fred Breuninger who run namesake real estate and insurance businesses on Lincoln Highway in Valley Township. were awarded the Joseph G. Filoromo Jr. Community Service Award, the chamber’s annual award recognizing exemplary community service.
- Citadel’s director of retail delivery and past WCCCC president, Doug Thompson was honored with the chamber’s Elliott R. Jones Memorial Award for his work driving chamber membership and event attendance.