Firstrust Bank has made the 2023 Philadelphia Business Journal’s Faces of Philanthropy honors list, which recognized 30 for-profit/nonprofit partnerships in the region.
The commercial entities cited for overall beneficence and impact were nominated by the public and reviewed by the publication’s editorial board. Its members considered not only financial support but also intangibles like time and expertise provided to worthwhile causes that make a difference in the region.
Advocacy and Education Support
In that collaboration, Firstrust raised more than $1.7 million to aid the ADL in its advocacy and education work.
The Philadelphia Business Journal reported that the financial assistance enabled the provision of tools to provide bigotry and bias for nearly 800 local individuals. Further, with Firstrust support, the ADL was able to educate over 120 corporate partners on anti-bias and work with over 160 schools and community organizations to impact more than 300,000 students.
Other Montgomery County Standouts
Firstrust Bank’s recognition was only one of four bestowed on Montgomery County commercial entities. The others were:
- First Quality, a King of Prussia manufacturer, and Cradles to Crayons, the nonprofit provider of school supplies to homeless and low-income children
- Partnership impact:
- Donated proceeds of $1 million
- Supported distribution of 300,000 diapers for one-day event
- Partnership impact:
- Clario, the Conshohocken healthcare technology provider, and Simon’s Heart, the Conshohocken organization working to prevent sudden cardiac arrest in children
- Partnership impact: Clario’s provision of electrocardiogram machines has aided Simon’s Heart in providing 18,000 free heart screenings for local students over the past 20 years
- Auto dealer Glanzmann Subaru in Hatboro and the For Pete’s Sake Cancer Respite Foundation in Plymouth Meeting, which provides resources for families of cancer patients to escape for Poconos vacations
- Partnership impact: The dealership dealership has raised $500,000 for the cause, enabling 160 familial getaways
Read more about these impactful regional partnerships in the Philadelphia Business Journal.
The Anti-Defamation League works to create a world free of hate.