Penn State Brandywine is one of 19 Penn State Commonwealth Campuses across the state. It is located on 112 acres at 25 Yearsley Mill Road in Media. It offers four-year baccalaureate degree programs in 14 fields of study and two associate degree programs.
The following positions in the Penn State system and at Penn State Brandywine are available:
Coordinator of Student Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
This position is primarily responsible for:
- Collaborating across campus and the community to develop and implement an inclusive calendar of cultural, social, recreational, and educational student programming
- Coordinating programs that support the acclimation and transition of students from current and historically underrepresented and marginalized groups
- Designing, coordinating, and implementing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) educational initiatives
- Serving as an advisor to student organizations especially those with a focus on DEIB
- Assisting in the management of the campus peer mentor program
- Supervising student staff
Additionally, this position will serve as a student conduct officer, on the orientation planning team, and on other committees and duties as assigned.
Regular nights and weekends are required for this position.
This position requires a master’s degree or higher in an education or social science-related discipline plus 3 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidates who have experience providing service to diverse populations, such as but not limited to, underrepresented, historically marginalized, international, and/or LGBTQ populations strongly preferred.
The following skills and experience are preferred:
- Demonstrated experience implementing best practices and leading diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging student engagement initiatives in a higher education setting
- Cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or employee populations
- Demonstrated knowledge of student development theory
- Established experience in student activities budgeting, planning, implementation, and assessment
- Proven record advising student leaders and student staff
- Demonstrated commitment to creating a welcoming, inclusive, and equitable community
- Proven record and commitment to a strong sense of customer service
Information Resources and Services Support Specialist 3
The Vairo Library on the Penn State Brandywine campus provides access to all resources and services offered by the Penn State University Libraries – one of the Top 10 research libraries in North America.
The student community at Penn State Brandywine boasts a significant proportion of underrepresented and/or first-generation students.
The Information Resources and Services Support Specialist 3 serves as the front-line contact for user services and contributes to the daily operations of the library.
As part of a team, all staff in the library are cross-trained to complete duties in other areas as needed.
This position is expected to work collaboratively with University Libraries and Penn State Brandywine departments and may represent the library and the campus by volunteering for committees.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Greeting and assisting library users (in person, on the phone, or online)
- Acquiring, processing, maintaining, and lending library materials
- Serving as the primary contact for course reserves requests
- Providing Technical Support on both Apple and Microsoft systems
- Supervising Student Workers
- Serving as the secondary contact for interlibrary loan
- Managing circulation of library items including technology reserves
- Performing Collection Maintenance duties such as pickup, retrieval, and shelving
- Ordering library equipment and supplies
- Compiling statistics and other reports to analyze and improve library services
Regularly scheduled evening and weekend hours may be required. The schedule of days and hours is subject to change over summer, holidays, intersession, and breaks.
The successful candidate must:
- Be committed to excellent customer service
- Possess superior communication and organizational skills
- Have a strong commitment to diversity, equity, respect and inclusion
- Be able to work independently
- Be able to use and quickly learn new computer software/systems
- Have confidence working with web-based tools and Microsoft Office (required)
- Possess accuracy and attention to detail are critical to ensuring delivery of high-quality services
- An Associate’s Degree or higher plus one year of related experience is required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Talent Acquisition Specialist 2/3
The Talent Acquisition Specialist acts as the talent business partner to assigned units.
The role consults with hiring managers on all aspects of talent acquisition from recruitment strategy, candidate selection, compensation recommendations and presenting/negotiating offers.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist develops an understanding of the unit’s talent needs and utilizes strategies to decrease the time to fill/hire.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Becoming a trusted talent business partner to assigned unit(s).
- Developing an understanding of the unit’s talent needs and utilizing strategies to decrease the time to fill/hire.
- Managing assigned unit job requisitions from a strategic recruitment and process perspective.
- Developing and executing innovative sourcing strategies to develop diverse candidate pools for current and future openings and managing the candidate relationship.
- Managing and driving the structured interview process.
- Performing the salary analysis and offer/negotiation process.
Depending on the assigned unit, in addition to recruiting for staff openings, the role may also provide academic hire process consultation.
Required skills and experience include:
- Demonstrated knowledge in sourcing and recruiting for specialized and highly competitive roles.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills, including consultative skills with the ability to understand the needs and urgency of customer base.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of broad concepts, policies and procedures related to human resources and the talent acquisition processes.
- Ability to adapt and change in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with peers, hiring managers, and prospective applicants is essential.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher plus two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional education/years of experience required for a level 3 position.
This position will be filled as a level 2 or 3, depending upon the successful candidate’s competencies, education, and experience.