Becoming certified as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) is about so much more than being able to attach the colorful “women owned” logo to your business card.
It’s about opening up doors to a network of thousands of other women entrepreneurs and hundreds of corporate and government partners looking to work with women-owned businesses.
We’ll show you how to gain this prestigious certificate and use it to build your business!
We will cover:
- The eligibility requirements so you can know if certification is right for you
- The process, costs, documents required and what to expect
- The benefits and opportunities available to certified women owned businesses
Who should attend:
- Established women-owned businesses (brand new businesses welcome!)
- Businesses interested in obtaining corporate or government clients
- Anyone interested in certification, whether you are unfamiliar with it or already certified
About the presenter:
- Getting a website for free (or almost free!)
- DIY legal and operations
- Marketing on a shoestring
- And more…
Expand to New Markets with Small Business International Shipping
On Thursday, Feb. 25, this free webinar will show you how to “Expand to New Markets with Small Business International Shipping”.
This webinar, at 1 p.m., is hosted by Stephen L. Smith, Marketing Director for FedEx Services.
Find out how to speed up growth by shipping to international customers, with less paperwork and fewer obstacles than you may think.
Many small-business owners want to speed up growth by selling and shipping to international customers, but don’t know where to start.
Navigating the many processes and requirements may seem overwhelming, but with the right guidance, international shipping can be simpler than you might think.
In this webinar, Stephen Smith, discusses how to prepare for shipping internationally.
You’ll learn about:
- How to choose and use International solutions, services, and resources
- The basics of customs brokerage and clearance activities
- Getting a rate, filling out documents, finding codes/customs documents/duties & taxes
- Overcoming common obstacles and preventing delays
About the presenter:
Stephen Smith supports FedEx Logistics (Supply Chain, Freight Forwarding and Customs Brokerage), Sensor Based Logistics and the enterprise Healthcare vertical.
During his 16-year FedEx career, he has gained a deep understanding of international shipping as Marketing Manager for FedEx International Deferred and Express products and roles on several international marketing teams.
Stephen has experience supporting multiple small businesses including his father’s 35-year air conditioning and heating company, and his wife Elizabeth’s small animal veterinary practice.
This webinar is sponsored by FedEx.
Click here to register.
SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer business experts, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals.
Since 1964, it has provided education and mentorship to more than 11 million entrepreneurs nationwide.
SCORE Chester and Delaware Counties has been operating since 1985, with 100 dedicated volunteers today who provide confidential mentoring at no charge and offer business seminars, workshops and webinars to benefit the local community.
SCORE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and a resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
Find out more about SCORE by clicking here.