Student enrollment is flooding in, and donors are pouring record levels of investment into the future of WCU.
With a year left of its $50 million “Becoming More” fundraising campaign, WCU has already raised $57.6 million, according to a Daily Local News report by Bill Rettew.
That money is intended to help equip students to meet the challenge of a rapidly changing work environment with learning that goes beyond the classroom.
Education today includes “what happens outside the classroom, in co-curricular activities, as well as the friendships, bonds, and values that our students form over the time that they are learning at WCU,” said President Christopher Fiorentino.
Specifically, the record fundraising will contribute:
- $5 million for capital projects, including the Business and Public Management Center
- $3 million for new program development and equipment
- $1 million for community and cultural outreach
- $13 million for operations
- $33 million of new scholarships and operating endowments
Read more about the state of WCU in the Daily Local News here.