Want to know how to add some fun factors to your LinkedIn posts? You can add emojis or Unicode or vary your formatting and writing techniques.
People post on LinkedIn and social media for many different reasons. Here is a list of some reasons, though there may be more reasons than what is listed.
REASONS FOR POSTING
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Loyalty
- Convey Our Identity
- Feel a Sense of Belonging
- Have a Voice
- Information Management
- Keep in Touch
- Lead Gen
- Nurture Relationship
- Search Results
- Thought Leadership
Once you determine your reason for posting, you can add fun factors to your posts in several ways. Here are a few ideas to consider.
Although there may be numerous sites for emojis, I typically copy and paste from emojipedia.org. Adding a pop of color helps break up the white space.
If you want to add bold, underlined, and italicized text to your posts, you can use Unicode. Read this article for links and resources on how to create Uncode.
Instead of paragraphs, sentences, or bullet points, think about writing with a more structured style. Here are a few examples below and people I follow that you might want to follow too!
- Build your content in a triangle format from one word to the most words on a single line. Ascending copy example by Lynne Williams.
- Build your content in a triangle format from the most words on a single line to one word. Descending copy example by Kevin Turner.
- Write in a poetic format like a Haiku, and consistently post. Haiku example by Rachel Simon, who publishes every Monday using her branded hashtag #HaikuMonday
- See other great copywriting examples shared by Jasmin Alić as one of many insightful carousels.
- Other great formatting examples, written by Justin Welsh, are shared in this carousel by Josue Valles, who also has a unique style.
Did you read last week’s article Need some LinkedIn post ideas? There are 57 brand builders!
You can incorporate some of the above ideas when posting your carousels or anything else! Have some fun, and be creative!
Do you need to learn more tips to help you build your brand, LinkedIn profile, graphics for your profile or social media, and more? Register for upcoming workshops noted below!
- Subscribe to my newsletter on LinkedIn for bright ideas to manage your career.
- Join as a member at https://greatcareers.org/membership of the #1 business networking association on the Philadelphia Business Journal’s Book of Lists three years in a row!
- If you need a resume or LinkedIn profile to get you to your next step, book a call to chat!
- Follow #GreatCareersPHL
UPCOMING EVENTS – Registration info is on the events page.
- Fri Apr 21 – Interview Clinic Check-In
- Mon Apr 24 – Dealing with Adversity “A Leap Year of Firsts” Lunch & Learn
- Mon Apr 24 – The How of Now: Healthcare Culture Change in Turbulent Times
- Tue Apr 25 – Capitalize on Your Uniqueness
- Tues Apr 25 – Business Executives Networking Group (BENG)
- Wed Apr 26 – Resilience Building Call-In
- Thu Apr 27 – Career Success Group Job Seeker Accountability & Networking
- Fri Apr 28 – Interview Techniques
- Sat Apr 29 – Job Search Best Practices
- Mon May 1 – Career Success Group Job Seeker Accountability & Networking