VISTA Careers: Arc of Chester County
The Arc of Chester County is a non-profit organization dedicated for 70 years to advocate, educate and provide services to empower individuals with disabilities and their families to enhance the quality of their lives. Those with an Arc career value their work and are committed to providing quality services to help support individuals achieve their goals.
The following Arc career positions are available:
HR Administrative Assistant –Agency With Choice
This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing program with benefits and paid training.
The HR Administrative Assistant handles administrative duties within and for the Agency with Choice program related to the Human Resources (HR) function of The Arc of Chester County.
The assistant helps administer worker’s compensation, in-service training, and the like for Support Service Professionals (SSPs).
- Be involved in the hiring process of AWC Support Service Professionals;
- Create personnel files for AWC Support Service Professionals (SSPs)
- Prepare instructional and disciplinary documentation for SSPs when performance issues are being addressed by AWC administrative staff;
- Generate payroll status forms for newly hired SSPs;
- Request and send copies of clearances as appropriate;
- Maintain new hire packets for the AWC program and ensure they are accurate and up to date;
- Assist with the development and maintenance of training modules and materials for SSPs;
- Research and organize information to assist with the update and improvement of HR practices for the AWC program;
- Provides coverage for other administrative staff as needed.
The candidate should have completed all required background checks, have a reliable vehicle, a current driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and registration and an acceptable driving record, strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, the ability to work independently, set priorities and follow through, good computer skills and competency in Microsoft Suite Office products.
Find out more about the HR Administrative Assistant position.
Special Education Teacher Full- and Part-Time Positions
The Arc of Chester County’s Children’s Early Learning Services and Preschool Programs provide support and services for children with and without disabilities, birth to age 5, and their families, to reach developmental milestones through a variety of offerings provided in home and community settings such as preschool.
It has been providing services to the Chester County community for over 70 years.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a team and to create a loving, fun, and therapeutic environment that will make a difference for children in their early years.
If you would like to join a team that makes a direct impact on the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families, this is the agency for you!
This classroom teacher will be responsible for assessing, developing, and implementing IEP or IFSP outcomes. They will also plan and design activities that will promote development in cognitive, language, fine motor, gross motor, social/emotional, and self-help areas.
Benefits are available for Full-Time team members.
Candidates for these positions must have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university as well as:
- Certification in either Special Education or Early Childhood Education;
- Extensive knowledge of child development;
- Child Abuse, PA Criminal & FBI clearance (we will pay for your clearances);
- Physician’s certificate of good health;
- Ability to lift and position children up to a weight of 50 pounds.
- Two years of experience working with young children;
- Experience with working with children with special needs preferred.
Find out more about the Special Education Teacher position
Fiscal Associate Full- and Part-Time
The Fiscal Associate performs accounting functions for The Arc of Chester County.
The position pays $17 to $19/hour, with on-site paid training.
Benefits are provided to full-time staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Assists in preparing Agency With Choice Support Service Professional’s (SSP) mileage sheets, including gathering, reviewing, and calculating for payroll;
- Checks that drivers have valid credentials and cross-check mileage sheet to timesheets to confirm time worked prior to processing for payment;
- Assists with processing agency billings as assigned;
- Handles all incoming checks for the agency ensuring the proper logging/tracking and appropriate receivables to each department. Writes up bank deposit slips;
- Assists with any administrative function needed in the Fiscal department, such as scanning of documents, filing, and copying.
Candidates for this position should have:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Some college or one to two years related Accounts Payable & Receivable experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong math skills and excellent attention to detail required
Find out more about the Fiscal Associate position.
Find out more about an Arc career at The Arc of Chester County.
Connect With Your Community
Subscribe to stay informed!
"*" indicates required fields