Make a difference in the lives of those battling cancer in our community by registering for Bringing Hope Home’s 12th Annual West Chester Stomps Cancer 5K and Fun Walk starting on Saturday, Oct. 16.
Bringing Hope Home is a nonprofit that provides “unexpected amazingness” through financial and emotional support to local families with cancer. Since its inception in 2008, the organization has supported 7,000-plus local families with more than $8 million in assistance.
This year, there is a virtual component to the 5K and Fun Walk for those who may not feel comfortable participating in person. The in-person event will be held Oct. 16, and the virtual event will be open for a week, until Oct. 23.
The “unexpected amazingness” that Bringing Hope Home provides is:
- the sigh of relief you experience when you get a call letting you know that your mortgage, electric, and phone bills will be paid
- receiving a gift card for groceries when your fridge is bare
- when you’re told that your oil tank has been filled and you can heat your home for the winter
- when Bringing Hope Home’s Family Department talks to your landlord and negotiates your rent, removing late fees or avoiding eviction
- knowing that people care and are here for you and your family along your cancer journey
Bringing Hope Home works tirelessly so that families with cancer will feel more hopeful and have less stress because of its positive, loving impact on their lives.