By Lynne Williams
The LinkedIn algorithm seems to be mysterious and ever-changing. Some recent research from the Netherlands may help you with your LinkedIn strategy.
If you understand a little about the algorithm, you can leverage how you approach LinkedIn to build your business and/or profile.
Two connections in my network have shared the latest updates on the algorithm, and you may want to follow them, so they are in your feed – Richard van der Blom from the Netherlands, who did the research published in October 2020, and Andy Foote from Chicago who wrote a nice recap of this research.
I don’t need to reinvent the wheel, so below, I am just listing the main topics researched, so you know these are LinkedIn essentials that you need to understand better.
- Company page strategies
- Content with the most success
- Dwell Time
- Links (best to include in an edit after posting)
- Likes vs. Comments vs. Share and Comments are King!
- Social Selling Index Score
- Times to post for best results
As with all technology, it is ever-changing and sometimes hard to keep up. Hopefully, these few bits of information will help you optimize on the platform.
If you are a small business owner, several entrepreneurial-focused events are coming up in November, starting with two events next week. Author and coach Dan Warburton from the UK is on Nov 4th. Dan is the author of Dream It, Choose It, Live It: The PROVEN SYSTEM to Create Your Dream Entrepreneur Lifestyle.
On Nov 6th, we have Angela Heath from the D.C. area on Self-employment is the New World of Work: Re-assessing what you already know & start earning now, so join us for these and other events listed below.
Missed last week’s article How to Use Hacks at Your Virtual Events for a Fun Factor? Click here!
Upcoming November Online Zoom Events
Register per the instructions on the website. Join our meetup (see step one of this Google doc). To attend the speaker meetings for free for a year, become a Bronze or BENG member. Your membership or sponsorship supports our nonprofit to help job seekers in career transition and self-employed and employed with career management. Consider sponsoring a job seeker in need and help pay it forward!
- 10/30 Career Success Group & Open Forum LinkedIn Q&A
- 10/31 Affiliate Event Jump Start Your Job Search
- 11/2 Career Success Group
- 11/2 Business Executives Networking Group Meeting
- 11/3 Dealing with Difficult Interview Questions
- 11/4 How to Plan for Ultimate Entrepreneur Success (author from the UK)
- 11/4 Call-in PowerThinking Resiliency Building
- 11/4 Salary Negotiation: The Rules of the Game
- 11/5 The Job Search Trojan Horse (as featured in Forbes)
- 11/5 Business Executives Networking Group Meeting
- 11/6 Self-employment is the New World of Work: Re-assessing what you already know & start earning now!
- 11/9 Career Success Group
- 11/9 How to Help Introverts Success in the Age of Acceleration
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lynne Williams, Ed.D. Candidate (she/her/hers) is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a nonprofit with over 6300 members and alumni. Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at email@example.com, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams. Read our SCORE Success Story as a 2020 Small Business Achievement Award Winner!