By Lynne Williams
High school students over 16, college students, and educators in both K-12 and higher education need to be on LinkedIn. Teachers should act as models with their LinkedIn profiles, as their students begin to prepare for their future careers, military, or continuing education.
On April 16th, West Center University hosted a one hour LinkedIn workshop on Zoom that was open to students and the community through the Dr. Edwin Cottrell Entrepreneurial Leadership Center.
Since there are so many students and educators in the region who did not participate in this training, I thought it would be helpful to share the deck. The information in this deck will also be beneficial to any of our region’s now 22 million job seekers who have applied for unemployment in the past four weeks.
There are lots of links in the appendix for students as well as helpful links for internships. Speaking of internships, or volunteer opportunities to gain some experience, we love volunteers and have lots of tasks that can be accomplished remotely. Sign up on our Google form to volunteer with our 501(c)3 charitable all-volunteer nonprofit.
Since the workshop was only an hour, and there is so much more to learn about LinkedIn, there are many links throughout the deck. The links are available for further self-guided learning.
Everyone is welcome at the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, so join us to learn with us as we share career education topics while networking. There are virtual meetings daily, both with and without speakers.
We just celebrated our 10th anniversary on Tuesday, April 7th, and have more than doubled our membership in less than five years to almost 4500 members. Remember our tagline – Your Career Our Mission.
- 4/17 Jobseeker Challenges Open Forum Discussion with Lynne Williams
- 4/20 Career Success Group Meeting with Kevin Keene
- 4/20 Jobseeker Support Meeting with Dr. Dominique Kliger
- 4/21 Effective Telecommuting with Lauren Williams
- 4/22 PowerThinking: Rejuvenating Your Amazing Mind Weekly Resilience Building Call with Stanley H. Greene
- 4/23 Nonprofit Career Network with Matt Hugg and Samuel Friedman
- 4/23 HR 911 What to Know Now with Lauren Williams
- 4/24 Career Success Group Meeting
- 4/27 Project Planning Your Job Search with Paul Cecala
- 4/27 Career Gastronomy: Advice on Career & Career Changes from One Hungry Dude with John Luczkowski
- 4/28 How to Help Introverts Success in the Job Search & Today’s Workplace with Jane Finkle
- 4/29 PowerThinking: Rejuvenating Your Amazing Mind Weekly Resilience Building Call with Stanley H. Greene
- 4/30 Career Success Group Meeting with Srinivasan Krishnan (Krish)
- 5/1 Career Success Group Meeting
Missed the previous LinkedIn article on Remember Your Linkie friends in Times of Uncertainty Click Here
Lynne Williams. Ed.D. Candidate is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit of almost 4500 members providing career education and networking.