By Lynne Williams
Knowledge is power. You don’t know what you don’t know, so engage in continuous lifelong learning to improve yourself and your skill sets.
In April 2015, Linkedin purchased a platform called Lynda.com and then subsequently rolled it into what is now called LinkedIn Learning.
As of April 2018, there is no additional charge for the learning platform for those who have the following paid accounts: 1) Premier Career, 2) Premier Business, 3) Executive, 4) Sales Navigator Professional, or 5) Recruiter Lite. You will notice the Learning icon in the top right hand part of your profile page and can access it there.
You can learn about software, business, technology, or creative skills to reach your future career goals. When you complete certain courses or any of the over 70 learning paths, LinkedIn will allow you to download the certificates of completion on your profile.
As a nonprofit leader, volunteer, or jobseeker, you might want to take a look at nonprofit.courses, which is run by Matt Hugg, who is one of three chapter leaders for the Nonprofit Career Network (NCN) Philly chapter of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group.
The next meeting is Thurs March 12th in Lansdale at 8:30 AM. The topic of discussion over (buy your own) breakfast will be Nonprofit Board Recruitment and you can sign up here bit.ly/NCNPhilly.
Although there are many many other learning platforms out there, this is a pretty good list that will get you started on the road to self-improvement! Happy learning!
Don’t miss our upcoming featured events. If you are a working adult, come learn and network with us. You must be a member of the meetup before you can RSVP to any of these events on meetup and see the location details.
- 3/7 Womenomics – organized by Friends of the Delaware County Women’s Commission
- 3/9 Integrating Emotional Intelligence into the Job Interview & Beyond – Dr. Laura Dowling
- 3/10 The Burnout Breakthrough: How Healthy Habits Can Re-energize Your Days, Reignite Your Success, and rekindle Your Joy – Lauren Weinberg
- 3/11 Tax Law for Consultants organized by ChemPharma.net and ChemConsultants.org
- 3/11 Uncover the Hidden Job Market – David Schuchman
- 3/12 Nonprofit Career Network (NCN) Philly on Nonprofit Board Recruitment
- 3/12 Meet the Author Career Panel with Ford Myers, Curtis Jenkins, Adrean Turner, and Janice Coleman
- 3/13 Beating the Applicant Tracking System – Lynne Williams
- 3/24 YWCA Tri-County Area’s 25th Annual Tribute to Exceptional Women
Need to accelerate your job search or manage your career? Explore our kickstarter offerings.
Missed the previous article on “How to Use LinkedIn to Set Up Informational Interviews”? Click here!
Lynne Williams. Ed.D. Candidate is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit of over 4400 members providing career education and networking.