As they enter the sixth week of their term as Chester County Commissioners, Marian Moskowitz, Josh Maxwell, and Michelle Kichline have formally established a county transition team, with the purpose of taking a fresh look at the way Chester County government does business.
The independent team is led by West Chester University President Dr. Christopher Fiorentino as Chair and David Thornburgh, President and CEO of the Committee of Seventy, a longstanding nonpartisan advocate for better government in Pennsylvania, as Vice Chair. The team comprises 28 industry experts and government officials, all professionals with knowledge of, and leadership in the sectors in which county government serves – health and human services, public safety and the courts, community planning and economic development, and administrative services. The two main goals set for the team are to improve the quality of the workplace for County employees and to enhance the services provided to Chester County citizens in efficient and cost-effective ways.
“We recognize and appreciate the great programs and services and the great people we have working in county government, and that is why the transition team is focused on the goals of improving our county workplace and enhancing services to citizens,” said Moskowitz. “It is about exploring and recommending best business practices and ensuring transparency, accountability, and fiscal responsibility. We are not asking the team to make any recommendations about personnel.”
The transition team has set a target of 90 days to conduct its review and make recommendations to the Commissioners. Key tasks outlined for the transition team include identifying issues to be addressed and soliciting input from stakeholders, county departments, and county government employees.
“As Commissioners, our job is to listen, work hard, and improve our community by active collaboration, and there’s no better way to start than to bring together the ‘smart minds’ of our transition team,” said Maxwell. “We’re fortunate to have a team that will bring sound advice, broad experience, and investment in our county’s future to the table.”
“This transition team is truly independent and will be making its recommendations to us in the coming months,” said Kichline. “We appreciate the willingness of Dr. Fiorentino, David Thornburgh and the highly qualified team members who are volunteering their time to take a fresh look at how Chester County does business. We look forward to hearing and reviewing those recommendations.”
In addition to Dr. Fiorentino and Thornburgh, the members of the transition team representing county government sectors are:
Health and Human Services
- Claudia Hellebush, Retired President and CEO, United Way of Chester County
- Lou Beccaria, Retired CEO, Phoenixville Community Health Foundation
- Tamela Luce, President and CEO, Phoenixville Community Health Foundation
- Joe Pyle, President, Scattergood Behavioral Health Foundation
- Bob Madonna, Managing Partner, retired CEO, Surrey Services for Seniors
- Wilbur Wolf, Senior Partner, Co-Owner, Aquila Strategy and Operations Group
- Adam Thiel, Fire Commissioner, City of Philadelphia
- Tony Camillocci, Eastern Area Director, PEMA
- Scott Bohn, Retired Police Chief, West Chester Borough
- Claire Shubik-Richards, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Prison Society
Planning and Economic Development
- Dottie Ives Dewey, Chair, Geography and Planning, West Chester University
- Judy DiFilippo, Former Chair, Chester County Planning Commission Board
- Todd Pride, Managing Director, The Land Conservancy for Southern Chester County
- Leo Bagley, Special Assistant to Pennsylvania Secretary of Transportation
Administrative Services and Central Functions
- Lauren Lambrugo, Chief Operations Officer, Public Health Management Corporation
- Jeff Osgood, Deputy Provost, West Chester University
- Erin Kennedy-Rogers, Founding Principal, Firebrand Political Strategies
- Charmaine Spence Rochester, Senior Vice President/CFO, Chester County Hospital
- Miguel Alban, Senior Vice President, Director of Multicultural Banking, Customers Bank
- Michael Heaberg, Managing Director, Axiom Asset Management
- Ellen Rinaldi, Retired Chief Information Security Officer, Vanguard
- JT Singh, Senior Associate Vice President and CIO, West Chester University
- Michael Bray, Former Principal, Vanguard, Board member, Chester County EDC
- Ed Breiner, Director, Major Drilling, Inc.
- Dennis McAndrews, Founder & Managing Partner, McAndrews Law Offices, P.C.
- Lisa Norden, Senior Vice-President Fulfillment Americas at Qurate Retail Group