By Lynne Williams
It’s my birthday next week … on election day (so get out and vote) … and hence, my inspiration to share with you how to send a “Branded Happy Birthday” message to your connections. Please read all the way to the bottom as I DO have a special birthday request for you!
Listing your birthday on LinkedIn is optional, but if you do list it, it’s a chance for a human to human touch point as some people will remember you! When you get to as many connections as I have, then sometimes it’s just not possible to do, as there are only so many hours in the day. Apologies to those in my network who I have recently forgotten.
So what do I mean about “Branded”? Below is the verbiage that I copy and paste from my notes app on my iPhone when I get a notification from LinkedIn that it’s someone’s birthday.
All I have to do is to type their name to customize, but the rest is pre-typed and pre-formatted. This technique makes it special, as it’s individualized and my signature and links at the bottom are a form of subtle advertising so I stay top of mind in case we have not touched base since we connected or met. Gotta love those emojis!
♫♪Happy Birthday to you !!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday dear (name) !!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Wishing you the happiest of birthdays and happy cake and ice cream day! ️️️
Enjoy your day!
? Check out our membership page!
Engage in career management!
Events at http://bit.ly/PAGCGEvents
Here are my special birthday requests should you wish to participate in any of these:
- It’s holiday season coming up and if you are shopping online, please shop on amazon.com and choose the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group as your charitable nonprofit. It does not change your pricing and we receive a small quarterly stipend as a 501(c)3 from Amazon.
- #GivingTuesday is coming up on December 3rd and you could help a jobseeker or veteran with a scholarship for $35 annual Bronze membership or other programming or help us with any capacity building donations through our donate button, we would be blessed. We are an all-volunteer organization and that includes me too!
Don’t miss our upcoming featured events. If you are a working adult, come learn and network with us. You must be a member of the meetup before you can RSVP to any of these events or our partner events and see the location and other details.
- 11/4/19 Leveraging Podcasting with Tony Lopes, Esq.
- 11/5/19 Dos and Dont’s of Resumes with Ed Samuel
- 11/6/19 The Science of Story with Geoffrey Klein
- 11/6/19 Virtual Zoom Career Support Group Meeting with Dominique Kliger, Ph.D.
- 11/7/19 PowerThinking Resilience Building Call-In with Stanley Greene
- 11/8/19 Nonprofit Revenue Options to Stay Afloat with Nonprofit Career Network and Matt Hugg, Kathy Ruse, and Samuel Friedman #NCNPhilly
Need to accelerate your job search or manage your career? Explore our kickstarter offerings.
Missed the previous LinkedIn article on LinkedIn? Click here!
Lynne Williams is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit of over 4300 members providing career education and networking. Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at email@example.com, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams Check out the website!