Video Takes Viewers Inside Historic Oakbourne Mansion in West Chester

Mark Hostutler
By

The Oakbourne Mansion, an architectural treasure in Westtown Township, was built by Mr. and Mrs. John Hulme in the late 1800s as a summer home.

In 1893, it was willed to the Philadelphia Protestant Episcopal City Mission to serve as a convalescent home for women. Seventy years later, the township acquired it and the surrounding acres and transformed it into Oakbourne Park.

This video takes viewers inside the Oakbourne Mansion, which is available to rent for events, particularly weddings, as the Victorian-era interior lends itself beautifully to such elegant gatherings.

[uam_ad id=”80503″]

.

[uam_ad id=”80502″]

Advertisement