American City Business Journals, the largest publisher of metropolitan business newsweeklies in the U.S., recently compiled affluence ratings for 22,568 ZIP code territories across the nation.
Included in the ratings are territories that had populations of 1,000 or more as of 2015.
The 2017 affluence ratings are based on ACBJ’s 12-part formula, which includes:
- per-capita income
- median household income
- households with incomes of $150,000 or more
- households with interest, dividends or net rental income
- poverty rate
- upper quartile (75th percentile) house value
- median (50th percentile) house value
- housing units with nine or more rooms
- workers with earnings of $100,000 or more
- workers with management, business, science, or arts occupations
- adults (age 25 and older) with bachelor’s degrees
- adults (age 25 and older) with advanced degrees
The following are the Top 15 most-affluent ZIP codes in Chester County, with populations in parentheses:
- Berwyn (11,766)
- Chester Springs (14,462)
- Wayne (32,747)
- Chadds Ford (9,882)
- Devon (6,558)
- Malvern (24,491)
- Landenberg (11,596)
- Paoli (6,686)
- Glenmoore (8,854)
- West Chester 19382 (54,678)
- West Chester 19380 (50,400)
- Exton (17,636)
- Kennett Square (22,412)
- Lincoln University (10,653)
- Downingtown (46,709)
Montgomery County’s most affluent Zip Codes.
Click here to read more about the most-affluent ZIP codes in the nation from American City Business Journals.