Here are five things parents and kids love about the program:
1. Before and after extended care until 6:30 PM – With before and after care, children are cared for from 7 AM-6:30 PM, which is a half-hour later than most afterschool programs in the area.
2. Tons of extracurricular activities and field trips – There is no shortage of ways for your child to grow and develop their talents:
- Gymnastics and swimming lessons are included in the program, with every child attending weekly classes. Also, the YMCA takes cares of getting your children to and from their lessons safe and sound, which means less time you have to spend shuttling your child.
- Weekly lessons in technology, art, music, and library are provided.
- Several field trips per year, as well as local walking field trips to the park and more, are offered.
3. Spanish – Children receive Spanish language instruction one day a week for the first half of the year and two days a week for the second half of the year.
4. Enrollment age – Children can enroll if they will be 4 years and 7 months by the first day of school, which is younger than most programs.
5. Customized instruction for each child leading to academic success – 14 children are enrolled in this year’s program and their academic progress is off the charts:
- 100 percent are reading at or above grade level.
- All have improved their Benchmark testing scores, some by more than 60 points.
- 85 percent are learning first-grade curriculum, with half learning an advanced first-grade curriculum.
A few spaces remain for the upcoming fall class. To learn more, contact Jennifer Lentz at 610-696-9622 x 2904, or attend an Open House on Saturday, May 20 at 10 AM at the Oscar Lasko YMCA (1 East Chestnut Street, West Chester).
Registration deadline is May 22, 2017.